Performa is a brand for Elite Racers. Our goal is to produce the best 1/8 controllers and motors, and re-define the racer experience with a radical “next level” controller/motor combo. With the Performa Racing HMX 1/8 Combo we are proud to demonstrate that we have achieved our goal. Nitro racing is popular because it’s simple, racers chose a 3 Port, 5 Port or 7 Port engine depending on the track, tune the needles to have good carburation, and drive. That’s all. Performa has now adapted that simplicity to electric racing. Controllers and motors used recently in 1/8 racing have hundreds (even thousands) of complex settings. While trying to understand and adjust the complex settings, many racers get lost and end up with tuning that is below optimal performance. The new Performa HMX Controller/Motor Combos deliver simplified settings using the Nitro concept, you select from 3 different pre-defined settings based on the track condition. No need to have a complex program box or a computer. The 3 settings have been tuned by our engineering team together with our World Champion Drivers to deliver maximum performance and simplicity. You can change the settings by simply pressing a button on the switch. For racers that want to dig deeper and fine tune the settings, we will offer Performa PC software that will allow you to change the parameters, within guidelines that ensure you don’t get lost and keep you in the optimal performance range.
It became clear during research and development that making universal controllers for universal motors limits maximum performance, and is not the right way to reach our goal of making radical “next level” controllers and motors for Elite racers. The new Performa HMX Controller features a very innovative type of sensor technology developed for optimal performance when used only with Performa Radical HMX 690 motors. It delivers maximum power and smooth power delivery, radical “next level” performance that goes beyond what a compromised universal system can provide.
The Performa HMX Controller is designed and manufactured without compromise. Each controller is assembled in Geneva Switzerland, it is a high end unit produced in limited quantities for Elite Racers. The circuit boards are made in one of the most sophisticated factories, every board is scanned using laser analyzing devices for each soldering joint and every component. The all-aluminum case has been designed for minimum footprint and optimized cooling. Performa external capacitors have been chosen to obtain Radical Performance. Featuring 2 boards of 4 Panasonic capacitors to provide radical “next level” performance.
The Performa Racing HMX 1/8 Combos have been tested for more than two years by our engineering team, and for a year one by David Ronnefalk, IFMAR World Champion. Recently David made a demonstration of the radical performance by winning the famous 2019 DNC race in the USA.
Note that the Performa HMX Controller analyses if a Performa Radical HMX 690 motor is connected, it will not work with other motors. The Performa Radical HMX 690 motors will work with other controllers, but offer maximum performance only when used with a Performa HMX Controller.
- Performa Radical Sensor System to reduce sensor interference and improve feeling
- World Championship winning motor technology
- Performa Radical Housing - Machined aluminum can with maximum cooling for lowest running temperatures
- 100% sensored mode with advanced technology
- Optimized Hall Sensor System with fail-safe protection to reduce cogging
- Double insulated high temperature winding wires
- High quality Japanese competition bearings
- High-intensity adhesive for optimal winding wire binding to reduce vibration and lower operational temperatures
- 4 pole NdFeB magnets, EH temp resistant up to 210C, with fiberglass vibration protection
- Dual sensor wire port with housing dust covers
- Alloy double anodized multi-color lightweight case with optimized airflow
- Low resistance - Heavy copper soldering tabs for higher power
- Japan high quality silicon steel stator
- Precision dynamically balanced rotor
- Meets all IFMAR/EFRA/ROAR specs for “690” style motors
- Compatible with all ESCs on the market
- Fully rebuildable
- Optional magnets and tuning parts available